iPhone Mobile Client for Online Search Portal
Our customer, a leading provider of high-performance content search software, needs to develop an iPhone application that lets users to monitor the latest information about sales, discounts, and other interesting offers nearby. The system should also allow the company’s clients to advertise themselves and promote their offers. The service must be free for users and paid for advertisers.
The main aim of this system is to help users find nearest available offers instantly while on the go. The iPhone mobile client provides an interface to search for offers, coupons, promotions, special deals, discounts, and bargains from local retail businesses. Using the best in search technology and mobile communication, it enables customers to explore, discover offers, and find a way to them. It collects and spreads information about sales, stocks and any other expedient offers ongoing for people nearby. The system is integrated with Google maps and GPS positioning.
- The system shows nearest offers based on user’s iPhone location (GPS).
- Constantly refreshing database of advertising accounts.
- Search by the following criteria: address, city, state, zip code, title, description of the offers.
- Users get service free, advertisers pay for placing information.
- Ability to search through offers from the location to be provided with a search box.
- Offer detail page have name, phone, link to get map/directions.
- Phone is hotlinked to make a call from iPhone.
- Data transferred through JSON from System’s Solr server.
Tools & Technologies
Objective-C, iPhone SDK, Local Solr, JSON, Core Location, MapKit