Facilitating the fifth generation of the popular WAP/HTML browser developed by specialists of Softage for our long-term customer Winwap Technologies Oy, Finland.
WAP/HTML browser version 5 is a desktop-equivalent browser for embedded platforms. This browser must show the content in the same way as a traditional PC browser. In order to enhance the experience on small screens the browser needs advanced zooming and focus/select capabilities to provide a comfortable browsing experience on any platform.
This browser engine is explicitly designed for portability and to run on limited resource devices, and can be customized for virtually all embedded platforms in a short amount of time. The modular design assures that customization and porting to new platforms will be quick, and it is able to run on virtually any platform. This also preserves interoperability with carrier gateways and services, providing the best browsing experience for the end user.
All-in-One: Full-featured WEB and WAP browser.
Small: Footprint starts at ~1.2 Kb, and with all features is ~2.3 Kb.
Portable: Platform-independent and easy to port to new platforms.
Expandable: NPAPI compliant plug-in support.
User Friendly: Works on both touch-screen and Non-touch-screen devices.
Efficient: Video color-depth from 8-bit grayscale to 32-bit true color.
Global: Supports multiple character sets (full Unicode support).
Supported WEB and WAP Standards
- HTML 5
- XHTML (Full & Mobile Profile)
- WML 1.3
- CSS 2
- DOM Level 2
- HTTP 1.1 (Keep Alive, Basic and Digest Authentication, Support for Gzip)
- WSP/WTP (WAP 1.2) Transport and download
- WAP Push
- TLS 1.0
- SSL 3
- WTLS (Optional on some platforms)
Color-Depth & Color-Model
- 8-bit t- 32-bit
- Grayscale or Full Color
- RGB565, RGB574, RGB0555, etc.
- Cache Management (in memory or persistent)
- Bookmarks and History
- Mouse, Keyboard and Touchpad
- Dragto scroll
- GIF (Includes Animated)
- PNG (With Alpha Blending)
- WBMP (Wireless Bitmap)
- Adobe Flash (Plug-in Optional)
Supported Text Encodings
- Shift-JIS, EUC-JP
- Big5, EUC-CN
- ~2.2 MB ROM (1.3 MB with minimum features)
- ~2 MB RAM (Depending on complexity of content viewed)
Optional Integration Customization
- Dialer, pause on incoming call and dial a phone number.
- Email, send message to email address from a web page.
- Picture viewer, download and save new image files.
- Download and save new ring tones.
The browser is available for a number of mobile device platforms, ranging from regular Windows CE and smartphone platforms to feature phone and embedded RTOS platforms. The browser core is portable to most platforms within a short time and the User Interface can be left open for easy customization to suite any target hardware’s look and feel
- Windows (NT/9x/2000/XP/Vista/Server)
- Windows Mobile Professional
- Windows Mobile Standard
- Intrinsyc Soleus
- WinCE 2.11/3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x/.Net
- Arena & Larena for TD-SCDMA