Conference Room Reservation Management
Softage is asked to create a real-time web-based meeting room reservation system for a client. The system must be flexible to and easy to manage, with an intuitive user interface. On top of this, it must be highly scalable, able to work managing resource loads from one room on up to hundreds of rooms, parking spaces, and spaces, as well as reserve and track available and necessary audio-visual equipment. While the job is simple, the scale offers a complexity of its own. The problem is not so much the complexity itself as managing that complexity in a way users find straightforward.
The entire completed system is, as we said, complicated. The primary feature base has been broken down for purposes of time and convenience. There are two main sections, the front end, which handles the representation of data and client/customer relations, and the back-end which handles resource tracking and disposition.
- View/check resource/room availability.
- Find and reserve conference rooms, specify room configuration.
- Find and reserve other resources (video conference sessions, parking spaces).
- Automatically generate e-mail notifications.
- Generate reports and meeting documents.
- Provide transparent authentication of Windows users.
- Manage users and their rights.
- Manage office locations, contact info, notes, GMT offsets.
- Administer room configurations.
- Manage rights for private rooms.
- Specify custom meeting types.
- C# .NET Microsoft .Net platform
- MS SQL Server 2000