Mobile application for Blackberry and J2me phones
Our customer, a software development company located in the United Kingdom and specializing in telecom solutions, needs a highly qualified Blackberry and J2ME developer to work on an innovative set of mobile applications.
Softage quickly forms a team of Blackberry and J2ME developers to tackle this task. In cooperation with customer, a fully operational version was released. The system consists of several parts, the first being the “Mobile Wallet” application.
Mobile Wallet Features:
- Users can associate their mobile account with their credit cards.
- Users can perform payments using these cards via application interface.
- View completed transactions can be accessed at any time.
The second part of the app suite is the “Mobile Trade” application, representing a virtual mobile marketplace for system users.
Mobile Trade (M-Trade) Features:
- Users can place goods for sale on the network.
- Users can purchase goods listed by other users via Mobile Wallet.
The third part of the system is a “Mobile Booking” application for the purchase of tickets and items through Amazon.
Mobile Booking Features:
- Book plane tickets.
- Search for items on Amazon.com.
- Purchase items via Amazon.com.
The application suite consists of client and server sections. The application uses a custom protocol over HTTP/HTTPS to connect to the server. Custom user interfaces are developed by the Softage team to ensure maximum reliability and usability. The application works perfectly on both J2ME and Blackberry mobile phones, so that our client is able to exploit the maximum potential market share.
Tools & Technologies
Client Section: J2ME, MIDP 2.0, Blackberry JDE 4.0, 4.2.x
Server Section: J2EE, Servlet, JDBC, Apache Tomcat 5.5 application server, Firebird 1.5 database